Monday, June 4, 2012

Our Weekend Rewind

This past weekend few by, and I am not even sure I am ready for Sunday to be here, let alone Monday to be here and half away over.  (Sigh!)  Hopefully, I can remember the fun things I wanted to share with you.
Friday, I was able to go running with Lynn up on the Bonneville Shoreline.  We had a nice run about 7 miles.  If was interesting, we were running in Mountain Lion country (there was a picture of a mountain lion standing on the bridge we had to cross), which had me clapping and shrieking at certain points. 
The weekend started when Bri came home from work.  Since, we had been on vacation our laundry had piled up so we decided to head over to Grandma Debby's house and start on that fun chore.  Before, we got out the door, Bri said "why don't we just spend the night at my moms."  So that is what we did.  We ordered Chinese food and took it over.  It was so lovely outside we sat outside while the kids played.  I talked them to going skinny-dipping in Grandma's hot tub.  Before we knew it Colin was naked and waiting to get in.  The kids had a great time playing with their toy and splashing.
Saturday, we all got in our runs.  Then Grandma Debby needed some help in the yard, which involved moving 320 cubic feet of bio sod.  It was a lot of work, but her yard sure looked nice after.  During, this entire day, we were tracking Jim, via the Internet.  He was running the Squaw Peak 50 mile race and wanted to be at the last aid station to help run him in to the finish line.  So, we figured out when we thought he would be there and headed to Orem. 
Brian, headed up the mountain at the last aide station and was gone some time.  He came back and stated he had not found Jim.  So, we headed down the mountain to the finish line to find out where he was.  We found out he was still running and Bri must have missed him by about 15 minutes or so.  So, up the mountain we went, back to the last aide station.  We hiked up just a little bit, waited about 15 minutes and here comes Jim.  He said that he had lost his nutrition and had not had anything to eat in 5.5 miles.  He was not as lucid as one should be.  We stuffed him with pretzels and water.  Brian and he headed back out, to finish the last 3.5 miles.  He finished the race strong and more lucid, at about 8:00 PM - keep in mind he started at 4:00 AM.  He said that it was absolutely brutal, making it the 2nd hardest race in his life.  (For those that don't know Squaw Peak 50 mile race is ranking 3rd hardest foot race in the USA.)
Sunday, we all slept in as we were plum tuckered out from being at the race and dinner so late the previous evening.  We all got up and ready.  We then ran to Neener's house to throw in a little load of Bri's clothes and then headed to Allie's graduation party.  Allie, is my cousin, she is graduating from Brighton HS and the entire family was invited to attend.  It was super fun to see family we have not seen since Christmas.  The kids played and we all ate some good food.  (I did have a hard time realizing that I am getting older.  You see Allie, was our flower girl at our wedding.  I also watched both she and her brother when my Aunt and Uncle went out of town the summer I graduated from high school.  Seriously, I don't feel that I am that much older!)  We finished the laundry at Neeners and then came home to have a nice evening at home.

No comments: