Thursday, March 28, 2013

Treasure Island

Last week Colin came home from school and said he wanted to show me something.  When this happens it is usually one of his works of art. I was surprised when he handed me a blue flier announcing the school play, Treasure Island.  He told me that he really wanted to go to it.  I told him that we needed to talk to dad when he got home.  Well, I don't think that Brian was home more then 10 minutes, when Colin said "Mom remember, to ask dad."  So, I told Brian that the kids wanted to go to the play at school and he was game.  I bought the tickets the next day and Coli was excited.
Last night was the actual play.  He was excited to see it again, as they saw it in school.  He was even more excited to have us see it.  We unfortunately, got the last seats in the back, which meant the kids couldn't see without standing on their chairs.  I also think this caused them to be antsy, because both were ready to go a half an hour into it. 
Lynnie would dance when the kids were dancing and singing.  You could just see her wanted to be up there.  I said to her, when you get a little bigger are you going to be up there, her response "Yes!."  A little while later, she then told me she needed to get a pirate costume (gotta love 3 year old thinking).  I asked Coli the same thing and he told me "no."  But later changed his mind and also said he needed a pirate costume. 
Overall, I am really glad we took the kids.  But I also learned that I don't think that they are quite ready to go to a play outside of the school. 

No comments: