Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Life is Messy

As a mom, there are times the kids ask to do something, and I immediately say "no."  This reason is one that is simple, because I know whatever they want to do is going to be messy.  "Mom, can we paint?"  "Mom, can we cut?" (This one usually turns into confetti sized paper all over.)  And instead of letting them, I say no because I don't want the mess.  Well, last week Audra started asking if she could paint my toenails.  Well, I said no about 3 times over a span of a few days.  Well, she asked again (that little girl is persistent), this time I said "yes."  Knowing it was going to be messy.  So, she picked out 2 colors for me to pick from.  I picked and she got to work.  She painted and tried her best.  My toes ended up having a lot of purple paint on them, but that is ok, because I learned a BIG lesson.  Sometimes, life is messy but we need to make messes for fun, for learning, for life.  So, while I am not saying I will always say yes.  I am saying I am hoping to do better to let the kids make messes.
 


No comments: