Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Our Labor Day Week Project

So, 2 years ago we purchased our little home.  During the first walk through, we were a little disappointed that when the previous owner remolded the home that they did not carry the slate throughout the dinning area.  So, we have had carpet in the dinning area for 2 years and I have disliked it VERY much.  So, back when we replaced our dishwasher and Bri had to tear out the 2 slate pieces he told me that we would get new flooring.  The catch however, was I had to wait for school to be over and then some time off. 
Well, here we are Bri is done with school and he has this week off.  Friday night we decided to start and we started tearing up the slate.  Saturday, we finished ripping it all up, after I won a little discussion between Bri and I, about needing a pry bar instead of just a hammer and screwdriver. 
However, we were a little discouraged when we finally got all the slate and carpet up in the area.  We found 2 more layers in the kitchen and tile in the dining area.  We have decided not to take out the original tile as it is concrete and 20 x 20 pieces.  We are going to lay new flooring in the next few days and will post the new pictures, I look forward to sharing the progress on our home. 

2 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

oi, two more layers. It makes me tired just reading about it.

Wendy said...

I can't wait to see it!
Ugh for more layers! It seems like all our home repair/updating projects start out simple and get more and more complex! Grrr...the joy of homeownership!