Brian, has really wanted to get out and go camping this summer. The kids really do love it! I do enjoy it too, once the stress of getting a campsite and packed is all over. However, I have not been camping while this pregnant either, but I told Bri I would go. Neeners and Grandpa got on board too, so it sounded like we were going to be in business.
Thursday night, Neeners and Grandpa decided to go to the campground and reserve a space so that we would be able to have a nice spot for the weekend. Once, they got down there what the found out was a whole different story. The entire campground booked with no room for us. This put a kabosh on our plans, but we adjusted and made our own adventure. Instead of camping out in the mountains, Bri and the kids camped in the trailer in Neeners and Grandpa's yard. The kids even slept in sleeping bags. I on the other hand slept in the basement at their house, in a bed. :)
The next morning, we packed up and headed up to Millcreek Canyon for a day in the mountains. Bri and Grandpa went ahead and found the perfect spot, by the river and in the shade. GG came along and we had a very fun day in the sun. Bri, Grandpa, Coli and Lou went for a hike and fishing. Us women folk stayed behind with out feet up and talking. At one point, we made rafts out of sticks, grass and leaves, and floated them down the river as a race. I am PLEASED to report that Audra's and mine won!! Then Grandpa played some nature games with the kids. With roasted hot dogs for dinner, we really had a great day. Lou was so tired though that she fell asleep eating her hot dog. Some of us enjoyed s'mores, then it was time to pack up and call it a day. It turned out to be the perfect camping trip for this momma.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment