I don't know when it happened that I became a mom of a first grader, but it has happened. I almost feel as if we are in some weird time warp and it is just flying by. Wednesday, our little man started first grade. While he has been most excited to go to school and be with his friends, I his mother have had mountains of anxiety. Not only is he going to be gone all day, but he has to eat at school (a first) which makes me SUPER nervous with his food allergy. In fact, Brian had anxiety too for the first day of school because he was afraid Coli would miss the bus. But Colin did very well. He ate without incident and caught the bus just fine. In fact, we walked him into his classroom and got him seated. At this point he was acting like please just go away mom and dad. Which is really wonderful, but did he have to grow up so fast.
When he got of the bus, he was happy and excited. He had a good day and likes his teacher. He even has friends from last year in his class. YAY!!! A super positive day and a great way to start first grade!
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment