Sunday, February 1, 2015

This Crazy Life

Today was Super Bowl Sunday.  It was the Seahawks vs the Patriots, and the Patriots won.  Quite frankly I could care less about the game.  What was really on my mind was time and how incredibly fast it goes and how it just continues even if something happens.  This past Friday, the world lost a beautiful woman.  She was thoughtful, fun and a great person.  My cousin, Lydia, died after loosing her battle with meningitis.  That night her daughter wrote, she feels cheated and that the day came too soon, it should be 30 years from now.  Quite frankly, I would feel cheated too. I know that God has a plan for all of us and that we can be with our families again. But some days are still hard...
After the game, Bri and I were talking.  How can today be February 1st?  It was just Christmas like 2 days ago right?  My birthday wasn't really almost a week ago was it?  I feel like time is rushing by and if we aren't careful it will be gone in the blink of an eye.  I feel grateful everyday that we have three amazing children, we are healthy and blessed.  I just hope that we can continue to stay healthy and that we can appreciate the time a little more.
This message is more to myself then to anybody else.  Slow down, remember to tell your loved ones how much you love them, don't take life for-granted and make each moment special, because you never know when it's your last. Time just be gentle please...

No comments: