Coly loves the movie, Princess and the Frog. We have watched 5 times in the past 2 days. I know that is excessive, but I am swamped at work and I need the time to get some work done. In the show they talk about Beignets (Binaes), they talk about how good they are and they look interesting to me. So, wanting to know what exactly they were I went on a hunt. Once, I got the spelling down it was easy to find a recipe. I thought that I would give these a try, they are a lot like a scone, but sweeter and they make a ton. Colin enjoyed his Princess and the Frog cakes and I liked them too. I thought other moms might like to try a piece of Princess and the Frog with there kiddos, so here is the recipe (I used whole wheat flour and thought they were good, so if you want to make it a little healthier, give it a try.)
Beignets
4 Eggs
1 C Milk
1 C Sugar
1 TBSP Salt
5-6 C Flour
1 TBSP Baking powder
2 TBSP Oil
Mix eggs, milk, sugar, oil in a bowl
Sift together flour, salt and baking powder, add to egg mixture
Mix with wooden spoon adding enough flour to make a soft dough
Turn out on lightly floured surface and roll out and cut into strips
Place in deep hot oil, turn once and cook til fluffy
Top with powdered sugar
4 Eggs
1 C Milk
1 C Sugar
1 TBSP Salt
5-6 C Flour
1 TBSP Baking powder
2 TBSP Oil
Mix eggs, milk, sugar, oil in a bowl
Sift together flour, salt and baking powder, add to egg mixture
Mix with wooden spoon adding enough flour to make a soft dough
Turn out on lightly floured surface and roll out and cut into strips
Place in deep hot oil, turn once and cook til fluffy
Top with powdered sugar

4 comments:
Those sound pretty good! Maybe we will have to give them a try.
Way to go Beck! They were yummy with the honey on them too!
We just watched this movie up and girls camp and I was asking what they were and then I came home and you have the recipe for me!!!
Thanks tons!
Wendy,
I am so glad to have helped. Hope you enjoy them.
Post a Comment