Friday, July 16, 2010

Monsters

Two nights ago, Coly woke up at 3 AM with blood curdling screams. Bri was quicker than I and got in there fast, Coly then told Bri that he was missing mom and dad. Bri assured him that we were in our bed and that all was ok, we would see him in the morning. Fifteen minutes later, he was screaming again. Bri was back in there so fast. A moment later, Bri and Coly returned to our room. Coly stated that he was scared of his room. He climbed in bed and sleep with us. So, yesterday morning, I asked Coly what had scared him, his reply "monsters." He told me that the monsters were in his room. So, I told him that I had monster spray and it would keep the monsters away. I went in to the kids room and sprayed body spray and told him that the monsters were all gone. He seemed happy with this and told dad "the monsters are all gone."
Last night, we were getting the kids ready for bed and Coly was saying he didn't want to take a nap. Told him it was time. We put them down and not even 2 minutes later Coly was screaming bloody murder again. This went on a couple time, so I tried laying with him, calling Neeners and grandpa, cleaning out things from his closet. He still screamed. So, Bri brought him out and put him on the couch and Bri sleep out here too. Coly fell asleep quickly and shouted for mom once at 4 AM, but Bri was able to get him right back to sleep. This morning though, Coly is nervous to go into his room, even though he keeps telling me the monsters are gone. I keep assuring him that they are in fact gone and they are back in Monsterland.
It has got to be so hard to see the shadows and see monsters in your head. Then to not be able to fully explain where the monsters are, so that your parents can take care of the monster. So, if any of you have any good ideas on how to get monsters out, I am all for it. I just know, he can't continue to be so scared of monsters in his room.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Tell him if he doesn't sleep through the night you will give him a monster to scream about! See if that works! LOL :-)