Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 4 - Sioux Falls

Today we left Offutt Air Force Base, in Omaha and headed for Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It was a nice short drive in comparison to the long ones we have had in the last little bit. We arrived early afternoon, so we jammed as much as we could into our stay here. First we went to Sioux Fall Park. Bri and I loved it here, so beautiful and I think it is probably very popular for marriage proposals, because there are just so many private area and waterfalls. I just think it is so romantic, but you know me the hopeless romantic. In the back ground you could also see this beautiful cathedral, it was in the finishing stages of a renovation. Just so pretty.
After, some time at the park, we decided to add another state to our list of states we have been too. So we drove the 15 minutes so we could say that we have been to Minnesota. I don't think we saw more then 1 mile of it but both feet touched the ground, so in my book that counts.
Then we went over to the Outdoor campus, which is like a little wildlife area. We did not see to much wildlife, but we did see these cute little baby geese, some fish and 2 squirrels. The sun is shinning here, and I have to tell you I actually really like Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I think I could live here at some point, I know it feels a lot better than Omaha.
We had dinner at Applebee's and then Bri, Grandpa Garry and the kids went swimming while Neeners and I got a pair of shoes. It has been a very nice day today, tomorrow Rapid City.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Congrats to Bri! In fact congrats to all of you!! What a great accomplishment!