Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Since, we just got back from vacation and Bri and I are leaving again in 10 days, we decided we better stay around here. Saturday was one busy day. It consisted of 3 runs by me, 1 run by Bri, 2 trips to work on our garden as a family, and a trip to the Home Depot to buy some supplies for the garden, plus I had to work Saturday morning. The kids got to be outside and play in the dirt while we worked in the garden, which they loved.
Sunday, was a very needed day of rest. After church we went to Grandma Debby and Grandpa Steves house and took naps and pretty much just laid around. That is what Sundays are for, right?
Yesterday, I woke up to snow in the mountains. Great, another race in the cold. Because is was cold and wet the family stayed at home and I went to the race by myself. It was the "Run of Rememberence" in American Fork, honoring those that have made the ultimate sacrafice. So, I ran the 10k race in Brandons name. I was so incredibly happy with my time, 1:05:48 which equals a 10:36/mile pace. It was a great way to spend the morning, as we ran through the cemetary that was lined with American flags. After, we went to Neeners and Grandpa Garry's house. Bri worked on our garden box, and I worked on some things for Ragnar. I really enjoyed spending some time at home working on things that needed some attention. However, I just got 3 pictures this weekend, the one posted here and 2 of me running that are not very good.

No comments: