** I have decided to share this moment, more because I want this memory down the road. It is very tender to Brian and I, please don't ruin it with rude comments. If you don't agree with what is being said please keep those thoughts to yourself. Thank you**
After our miscarriage, a friend of mine suggested that I read "Heaven is for Real." At that moment I was knee deep in another book. So, when I finished it, I put a hold request for it at the library (apparently a popular book at this time). I picked it up a few days later. It discusses a little boys journey to heaven during a life saving surgery. The boy then tells his parents in small bits about his experience.
The chapter "Two Sisters" was a special moment for me. The little boy (Colton) approaches his mom and asks "Did a baby die in your tummy?" This was not information that they had shared with their young son. But the mother said "Yes, how did you know?" Colton stated, "I met her in heaven." He went on to describe her and talk about her for a moment. The parents were so happy to hear that their baby was with God. The then asked what her name was. Colton responded with "She doesn't have one, you never named her." (They lost the pregnancy before the gender was determined.)
This hit so close to home. I repeated this info to Brian, who was sitting on thye couch with me reading a book. Thinking of our own miscarriage, he stated "How do we name it?" I replied with "I don't know." He then said "We could name it Dylan (a name we both like for either a boy or girl)." I said "Oh we could. But ever since we joked that night about needing a "B" name, I have always thought this baby as "Baby B." He thought for a moment, then replied with "We could name it Bobbi." I replied with "Let's do that."
I started crying and in that moment, a piece of my heart healed more. I am thrilled with the thought that we have named all our children, with one day getting to meet and hold Bobbi. I am grateful to my friend for suggesting this book, Thanks Wendy! I am grateful for my husband and him being sensitive for me. I am grateful for Colin, Audra, and Bobbi. I strongly suggest to those who have had a loss to read the book and I hope that it heals you too.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

3 comments:
What a sweet story! and I love the name Bobbi it would be cute for either gender! What a great reunion you will have one day!!! I think I will check this book out I love reading about this subject. Can't wait to see my baby Jailee again! Thanks for sharing such a scared experience with us!
that was to be sacred not scared seen it right as I hit the post botton!
:)
Mine was a B name too.
When I read that book - 12 years after the fact - it just gave me such a feeling of peace. I am so glad it helped you too.
Love you!
Post a Comment