Thursday, October 11, 2012

Being A Big Kid

When school started, I was asked by Colin's teacher if I was going to pick him up or was he going to ride the bus.  I responded with pick him up.  I thought he would prefer this and I was not quite sure I was ready to let him ride the bus.   A few weeks of school went by and things seemed great.  One day, as I was picking Coli up he said "Mom, I want to ride the bus."  So, we found the bus he needed to ride, put him on it.  I spoke with the bus driver and found out where to pick him up.  I raced to the stop and Coli was there, so excited. 
That night we talked to Bri.  He was not ready for Coli to ride the bus.  So, I told Coli we will have a practice day tomorrow.  So, Lynnie and I walked over to the bus stop and I wait on pins and needles.  The bus showed up and off came Coli.  PHEW!  So, last week we tried a full 3 days of riding the bus.  He did so well, except on Tuesday he brought his friend Blake home with him and we had not coordinated this.  Oops! After, getting his mom called and telling the boys that was not OK, we were back on track.
The beginning of this week started and I asked Colin.  "Okay, Buddy, you need to decided.  Do you want me to pick you up from school or do you want to ride the bus?"  He responded with "I want to ride the bus."  So, my little man is trying to be a big kid and be slightly more independent.  How did this happen so fast?

No comments: