Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sapper Joe - 2010

My running hubby took one another crazy run this morning. It's called the Sapper Joe 30K, it also has 15K and 50K. This race is done at Camp Williams, with running taking place through the Oquirrh Mountains. For those of you wondering how far a 30K is well it is about 18.6, but because it's a trail race it was 19.75 miles. PLUS, there was an elevation gain of 3700 feet. So it was long and a lot like UP.


This morning, I dropped Bri off at Camp Williams at 5:20 AM with the race starting at 6 AM. Because I had sleeping kids back at Bri's parent's home, I did not stay to watch him off. However, you bet your bottom dollar that we were there to see him come across the line. He came across 4:30:54, that's right my hubby was running for more then four hours. Anyway, while we were waiting they had some band that was formed out of National Guard members playing fun songs such as Sweet Home Alabama, Sweet Caroline, etc. The kids were dancing and having fun waiting for their dad to come across. But, I really thought it was cute to see them clapping as I clapped as a runner would come across the finish line. The finishing medals were so neat, they were made out of large empty gun shells, it is probably one of my favorite finishing medals.

On the way back to the in laws, we had to stop and get 2 pizzas so Bri could get some major calories and then we took naps. Bri is FLAT out exhausted, see what running so long does to you. Way to GO BRI!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

He amazes me!

Lindsey said...

And to think he thinks that is fun...;-)