Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Learning the Alphabet

The week of Thanksgiving, I went to my first Parent Teacher Conference as a parent. Colin has been doing very well in school and is were he needs to be by the end of the year, except in 2 areas. Not too bad. One area I am not concerned about as he is close to being were he should in 5 months, the other he is behind. That area is his alphabet knowledge, he needs to be able to pick out the letters in his name, recognize a C, and read his name. WoW! I can't believe he is suppose to know how to spell his name at 3. Ever since, Bri and I have made a point to practice the alphabet with Colin at night. Last night, Colin was struggling with the difference between L and N. Bri was patient but getting frustrated, so I took over and we started working on writing L's so he can tell the difference. He was so excited to start writing, he did such a great job making little l's that we started working on big L's. Audra Lynn was a cheerleader and would clap when brother got it right. So fun to have the kids helping each other.

No comments: