Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Day

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was for Christmas. I know, you would think that after 29 years I would not act like a little kid, but I do. I started waking up at 2 AM to see if it was time for Christmas, then I would wake up at least every hour after that if not more often. Seriously, you would think that Santa was coming for me. Any way, the eyes flew open at 6:15 AM, good enough for me. I got up and started getting ready for everyone to be here at 7 AM. Colin woke up at 6:30, and we had to wake up Audra at 6:45. Unfortunately, all the grandparents were late so the kids had to wait until 7:10ish. They were so excited. Colin received a Buzz Lightyear bike and Audra a pink Radio Flyer Scooter. They booth got a Bug House (inside tent), which I have to say has been more popular then the bike and scooter. Each child had several more gifts from Santa and then the gifts from Mom and Dad, which are not as fun as they were clothes and other necessities. After both sets of my parents and Jocelyn and Chris left (they were going to Lindsey's), I gave Bri his Christmas present...IPad, which was from both me and his parents. That was all he would tell me he really wanted. He was surprised I think and so very happy, in the days that have followed he has not really left the IPad from his side, excluding work. Bri's folks left and Bri and I finished our Christmas, Bri also received a Blu-Ray player, a movie, and some clothes. I got some clothes, a pair of shoes I have really wanted, Eclipse, and surprise the Flip camera, which I already love. It was a very nice Christmas and I feel very blessed to have my family and health this year.
Later, we went over to Bri's folks house for Christmas Dinner, Andy, Jamie and Kash joined us here. The kids got to ride there new toys and it was fun to watch. We then had a lovely dinner of Prime Rib, Lentil soup, rolls, fancy broccoli, and cheesecake. We then opened Christmas there, I was given a beautiful new bed set in guess what color...purple and a new sweat suit. Bri had already received his big gift, but then got a massage too. The kids were just spoiled rotten again, and it has left their parents feeling like our house is now where big enough for everything. By the time we left the kids crashed hard. By 6: 30 they were out not to be heard from again until 6:40 the next morning. Bri and I relaxed and were in bed earlier as well, ready for a nice peaceful night.

No comments: