Since, I have not been so good about blogging, I figured I would just post twice tonight to make sure I got my blogging in. So, Sunday morning, came and Lindsey had called the night before stating that Dad and
Kel were going up to Papa Lynn's (my grandpa) house and wanted us to join if possible.
Bri cleaned as I made soup for another family gathering in the afternoon. When it looked like we were going to make it, we told them to count on us. We arrived in Pleasant View about 11, where we were able to sit, talk, and see my grandfather. It was a fun time, my dad and
Kel surprised us girls with a few of my grandmother's belongings. We each got some dish clothes and hot pads she had knitted. Lindsey got a
sunglasses case she had made, Jocelyn got a necklace that has a bell, and I got a basket and a pair of her knitting needles. It was a very special gift to me, now I just need to learn to knit. We had a fun pizza lunch (
cheese less for
Coly) and then took a 4 generations photo. Since it had begun to snow, we had to take off to get to our next party in time.

At 3, we arrived at
GG's house (clubhouse) to get set up for the
Adamson and
Kienke (sounds like Kinky) family Christmas party. We got all set up and enjoyed some good soup,
sandwiches, salads and desserts. It was a lot of fun to see people we have not seen in a long time. Lindsey decided that she wanted a 4 generations photo here too, however, it was a much larger undertaking. Now this picture is just Grandma
DeLone's (
GG) kids,
grand kids, and great
grand kids, no spouses, plus we are missing a few. Insane I know.
After the picture, we had the gift exchange, white elephant and the kids got more presents. We gave loves and left before the craziness of cleaning, since we had set up we were exempt from cleaning (YES!). After, 3 fun filled, crazy busy days, I was exhausted. I think Bri and the kids were too. Bri and I both had to work on Monday, so we were in bed early and tried to get some much needed rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment