
So this man, Osama bin Laden, has affected many lives and has done many terrible things. All of you know that though. This post is for our kids later in life to see how this man affected our lives personally. Bri and I were talking about this on our trip and decided that I needed to blog about this so our kids know.
On September 10, 2001, Brian took me on a very romantic cruise of the Great Salt Lake at sunset, while the sun was setting he went down on one knee and proposed to me. It was a fabulous evening, one that was quite late. When we got home, we told my parents but that was the extent of it, as it was so late and we figured we would tell the rest of the family in the morning. At 6:40 AM the next day, I was laying in bed when Gar came into my room and said "You need to watch this, it may be the beginning of World War 3." I rushed up and out of bed to watch the towers fall. I sat there stunned, how could in less then 12 hours, I go from so incredibly happy to so scared? Well, you know what happened from there more attacks more terror in our hearts. Fast forward just a few weeks and there we were walking through the airport in Salt Lake and San Francisco (honeymoon) will armed military personal, each time stopping my husband and patting him down.
Fast forward to May 1, 2011, my sweet little boy's 4th birthday party. We are so happy and just enjoying each other. We get home, I turn on the computer to find out Osama bin Laden, was killed and no longer a threat to us. Such joy and happiness, however at the same time here is Osama making his mark on another day that has significance in our life. Just so you all know, I am truly thrilled that bin Laden is no longer a threat to us, I just think it is so ironic that it got us on 2 days of our lives that have more meaning then just another day.

No comments:
Post a Comment