Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Scary Time

So, tonight I sit postponing going to bed. I wonder as I sit here what are we going to learn tomorrow. Will it be life altering or will it just be a bump on the road of life. Yesterday, I had a CT scan due to a headache that will not go away. The doctor called with the results of an abnormality. It could be a Menigioma (a benign brain tumor) or a bony protuberance, the doctor tells me that I will be referred to another doctor either a neurologist or a neurosurgeon depending on what shows up tomorrow. I am scared. I want to cry at the thoughts of invasive surgery on my brain. I want to cry at the thoughts of pain (more then now).

My family is very wonderful and supporting me fully. I feel blessed to have them standing with me as I face this scary time. I pray that I will see my kids grow up, get married, have babies, and even see my great-grand babies. Please let this just be a little scare and nothing that will take my life.

No comments: