I found out I was pregnant on December 9th. I couldn't believe that I was pregnant again, I was so thrilled that it hadn't taken long to conceive again. I called the doctor's office and they said that because I had a miscarriage just previously, they wanted to give me some piece of mind, by doing lab work. The first labs came back looking great. The second, did not double but they did increase over 60% which they said sometimes is enough. They wanted to watch it though, so a week later another blood test, not so great, HCG increased, progesterone decreased. The doctor put me on progesterone suppositories and told me to repeat blood draw in a week. A week later, it increased, but the doctors words were "increased, but not as high as expected." I was so bummed out. They told me to wait until after the New Year and they would order an ultrasound. Well January 3rd, we had our ultrasound. We saw our little baby and little heartbeat. However, sadly the baby was measuring 2 weeks small and the heart rate was a mere 82. No where near where it should be. The radiologist stated in his report "high risk of miscarriage." I was devastated. I prayed that the baby would be ok and they things would work out. The doctor called and stated we would have another ultrasound 10 days later. So, Thursday January 12, 2012 we went for our ultrasound. I watched the monitor very closely, finally the baby came into view, but only measured 6 weeks 1 day, and sadly there was no heart beat. Our precious little one had passed away. I numbly sat in the waiting room, waiting for the radiologist to call my OB/GYN. Finally my doctor told me to come to her office. I sat in her waiting room with all these pregnant women, so excited to be having babies and there I sat, so sad because my baby had died.
After, talking with the doctor and the options we had. Bri and I felt that a D & C would be the best way to go for us. Less pain, less time, less waiting. That night, Bri and I decided to name our baby Dylan. So Monday, January 16, 2012, Bri and I went to the hospital to have what remained of our precious little Dylan removed. We have been very saddened by our loss, but know what a precious child Dylan must be. We love you Dylan!
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

2 comments:
I am so sorry! What a beautiful name you gave him. He will be waiting for you on the other side! We often wonder why we have to go through these kind of experiences, One day we will know. For now we must be grateful for what we have! May our Heavenly Father give you the comfort you need!
Oh Stacy. I am a terrible friend. I didn't know. (I'm so far behind on blogs but tonight, I sit with jetBlue headphones on my head catching up on blogs. It's a slow night....thank goodness!)
Just know my heart hurts for you. I've been in that happy room full of expecting mothers - not expecting.
Just think, now you have two babies that you'll get to raise in the next life, watching over you. (((Hugs)))
Post a Comment