This past Friday was my birthday, I was fortunate enough to stretch it out over the whole weekend. It started on Friday, after work. The 3 kids and I met my mom at the dollar movie and we saw Puss in Boots. She also brought me an eclair, for my birthday treat. The movie was only ok, but I had a good time. Next, we got home and I had a little gift on the doorstep from my cute friend Raphael, it had jelly beans and nail polish. Then Bri got home and we got the kids ready for a sleepover at Grandma Debby and Grandpa Steve's house. Grandma came over to pick up the kids and we left. We went to the Cotton Bottom, for a garlic burger. The burger was good, but I was disappointed as they were pre-formed with seasoning on them. I was hoping for thick delicious burger with minced garlic inside. Oh Well! Then Bri and I went to the movie Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It was slow, but I liked it. Bri said he didn't. We then called it a day.
Saturday, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house. The kids had each made me birthday card, which they gave me. Grandma Debby and I went for a run. After lunch, I took a nap. Then Grandpa Steve made my birthday dinner. I had requested homemade Tomato Soup and Macaroni and Cheese. So, that is want he made. It was delicious. Then we had the rum cake, I had requested. It was delicious. I then got to open my gift, which was a darling sweater and legging and long shirt outfit. Then we called it a day and headed home. Big thanks go out to Steve and Debby for a great birthday!
Sunday, Lynnie and I were not feeling well, so we skipped church. Bri gave me the gifts from he and the kids, a new pair of jeans and a pair of red Toms. YAY! After an attempted nap, we got ready to go over to Neeners and Grandpa Garry. Were, Grandpa Garry made me my birthday dinner of Chile Rellanos and street tacos. They were so good. After, I got my gifts from Lindsey, 2 darling shirts, and Mom and Gar, 2 warm-up outfits, 2 pairs of PJ's, and a cute jacket. J and Chris also gave me a cold running gear. Then Bri had purchased an Ice Cream Cake from Coldstone, so we enjoyed that for dessert. Big thanks to Mom and Gar for a great birthday!
It was a good birthday. BIG thanks to my sweet husband for the great date night, and the weekend. Now, let's just hope that 31 is a better year then the end of 30 turned out.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

1 comment:
Happy Be-lated B-day!
Post a Comment