Sunday, January 8, 2012

Special Olympics

Our dear friend Monica, bowled again in the Special Olympics.  The kids and I met Lynn, Doug and Monica down at the bowling alley on Friday to watch Monica participate.  They changed the structure a little bit this year, and had the bowler bowl 3 times each time they stood up, which was nice, because so much time was saved by the athletes not having to get up and down so much.  Monica had a great time bowling and did very well.  In fact, this year she took bronze.  When the officials presented her with her medal she was so happy.  She looked at her dad and just started to cry.  When asked why she was crying, "because I am so happy."  It was a truly AWESOME moment.  I am so grateful that we could be there to cheer and celebrate with our friends.



After, we enjoyed a nice lunch over at Cafe Silvestre.  We joked and laughed and told Monica how awesome she really did.

1 comment:

mykidsaremyworld82 said...

You guys are amazing! How nice of you to donate your time to a great cause :)