Monday, April 16, 2012

A Lifetime of Memories

This past Saturday, Aunt Tammy & Uncle Craig, Uncle Greg, Chris P., Lindsey, Dad & Kel, and Brian & I, gathered in Pleasant View to clean out the storage unit and take things that we had interest in from the life of Lynn and Mary Nelson.  We went through boxes and boxes of stuff.  Somethings, treasures from my Grandmother and Grandfather Nelson, other things just regular everyday items.  The weather cooperated wonderfully and we were able to get everything out and moved to the DI, dump or someones home.
That night I was laying there and thinking when I am gone, what will my family think are treasures.  What will mean something to one of them.  It has made me think, what I may think are treasures now, my children and grandchildren may not believe that they are treasures.   And things that I think are modern everyday items now, one day maybe be a treasure.  I hope that I can pass somethings down to my family that will touch hearts the way that my grandparents stuff has touch mine.

No comments: