Monday, May 20, 2013

Brian's Marathon

Most of you I am sure know that my husband can run so very long distances.  But this year he has decided to run nothing more than a 50K.  Which is about 31 or so miles.  This is so he can do well for his big race, SpeedGoat.  Which is held in late July up at Snowbird.  So, all of his races before that are more or less training races for SpeedGoat.  
Months ago, Brian was selected to run the Ogden Marathon (lottery style).  After, dropping the kids off to my parents, we headed to Ogden to spend the night for the race.  Well, late afternoon or early evening in day before it started to rain and it never stopped.  We got up at 2 AM to get Bri ready and had him dropped off at 4:15 AM so he could catch the bus to the start line.  
I got to the finish line about 3:30 hours into the race, as Bri was not sure when he would cross.  So, I wanted to make sure that I was there.  I was standing in the down pour waiting for Brian and so many of the runners just looked miserable.  They had literally ran the entire time in the rain.  Bri was in sight just under 4:30.  I was so happy to see him.  He was drenched and cold, but did it.  
He is looking forward to the St. George Marathon race in October, in hopes for a dry race that he can improve his time.    

No comments: