Today we had our third and hopefully last ultrasound. When we had our 2nd ultrasound in January there was a marker that came up on the baby. At the time, the told us that the baby had Echo Genic Bowel. Which can be an abnormality that some babies get and it clears up within a few weeks and is no big deal, it could be a virus that usually is no big deal, or it could be something scary like Cystic Fibrosis. Brian and I decided to keep this quiet and pray that it was just something that would go away. The doctor came in today and told us that the Echo Genic Bowel had cleared up, YAY! Not only does he not see any trace, everything else looks very healthy.
As of today, Audra Lynn weights about 3 lbs 9 oz. They can't tell how long she is because she is all curled up. I am also measuring a week ahead of schedule, so maybe she will come 2 weeks early.
Anyway, we are so excited that all is well with our little girl and that she is growing like a weed.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

4 comments:
good news
That is so wonderful that everything is good and she is growing like a weed. That would be great to go early. Hope the rest is a breeze for you!
Whoot whoo! I hate those scares, I had one with Austin-good for you for keeping it to yourself-no use worrying the grandparents-they worry enough as it is.
Congrats! I can't wait to hold her!
Miss you!
W
Oh my gosh!! You went through that scare???!!! They found ECG with James too and seriously I about killed over with anxiety!!! The thing they DON'T tell you is that the odds of geting the virus, Cystic Fibrosis or Downs is that of ALL the EGC cases only 2% of those cases develop any of those 3 hardships. I totally had to take it to the Lord and honestly I felt that James would be just fine, despite everyone and their doctor telling me otherwise. I'm sorry you went through that scare. I wish I could've given you a hug!!! Bless your heart!!!! I'm so glad to hear that it's all cleared up and everything's fine!!!!! Yay!!!!!! I'm so HAPPY for you!!!!!!!
Post a Comment