Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Best Time of My Life

Today, we wanted to take the kids to the park, and teach Coly how to really ride his Tricycle and enjoy the sunshine. Santa brought him this bike in 2008, but he has not been tall enough and mentally mature enough for it until recently. So, we took him over to the Jordan River Parkway, perfect because they have walking/biking trails and we thought this would be a good place for him to get some time. Once, we taught him how the bike works he was off and he did very well. (I will post pictures soon)
After, both kids were playing on the playground when I saw a lady that used to live across the street from Mom and Gar, at the park. She still owns her home in the neighborhood, but rents it out. She moved out in June 2009, she moved in with her husband. They made this move though when she was diagnosed with cancer for the second time. I had not seen her or heard about her since August, it was a real surprise to see her, because I heard she had not been given much time to live. We talked and I found out that she is between treatments and is starting again in a little over a week. She told me how much cancer sucked and all the good memories she had of our neighborhood. After, chatting for 5 or so minutes her daughter, whom she had been waiting for, showed up and we talked for just a minute more. We said goodbyes, and as she walked away she said to me "Enjoy this time, it is the best time of your life."
This evening, I have thought about this statement and it makes me cry. I truly, love my babies and I love the fun that we have, the time I spend with them and the memories we make. I love to hear them laugh, watch Coly dance, and hear Lynnie sing. These babies are such a blessing to me and Bri. But they are growing so quickly and it makes me sad. I want to enjoy every moment, but life happens in the meantime, making it hard to savor each moment. So, I wish for time to go slowly and for a good memory so I can enjoy my babies and the best time of my life!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I think I know who you're talking about and I didn't know she had cancer!
We were pretty good friends when our house backed hers. How sad.
Sweet post.

Lindsey said...

What a great little reminder S...I will find out what neighbor tomorrow. I think I know, but want to check.

I love you!

Springer Family said...

What a nice post! It did bring a tear to my eye, because it is sad how fast the kids grow. I really enjoy watching Cali develop, but I miss when she was just a little baby girl.

Springer Family said...

Hey thanks for the ideas! I want to do play dates I just don't know anyone close. We still need to get together, I think it will get easier to when the weather warms up. Did you get your card online?