Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 1 & 2 - Off on an Adventure

Yesterday, we left the city of Salt, to go on our family vacation. This year we have picked Victoria Island, Canada. I am so excited as I have never been outside of the US and I have not been to Washington state either. Yesterday, we had a long drive with short stops and not much fun for the kiddos. We stayed in Ontario, Oregon last night and when we got to the hotel the kids wanted out of their clothes and to wrestle dad. So, that is about all the pictures from yesterday.

Today, was another long day in the care, but we got in a fun stop and because we got to Olympia, Washington fairly early today we were able to do a little exploring. We started our day at 7 AM and we drove through some beautiful places today. I have now seen a "real" river, Bri has told me that the rivers we have in Utah are small in comparison to the Missouri and Mississippi, etc., and boy oh boy was he right the Columbia is HUGE. Bri and I just couldn't get over how large this river is. We made a stop at Horsetail falls and that was a pretty fall, it was worth the stop. However, Multnomah Falls were SO beautiful! For those of you that are Twilight fans, there were 2 scenes with Multnomah fall in Twilight. We hiked up to the bridge and got even closer. I really think it was one of the most beautiful creations I have ever seen. These pictures just don't even do it justice but, they are good for the memory.We made it in to Olympia around 4 PM and the kids and Bri & I were SOOO done with being in the car. We checked into our hotel. Colin and Audra got to run around and get some wiggles out. We decided we needed to grab a bite to eat and then I REALLY wanted to go see the capital (we saw a little bit coming in) so we headed over there. It was a neat place to stop and Colin got to run around a burn some pent up energy. Here in Washington, they have some gorgeous flowers, because of all the rain I am sure. I am glad that we went over the the capital, there was also a Korean War memorial that we saw, it to was neat. We did have a little potty accident while we were out, poor Coly has too much to see and do, thank goodness for wipes and a close hotel.
Well everyone, has crashed here, and so I am going to join them. But we have had a nice time and look forward to the trip into Victoria tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Hooray!I am so glad you liked Multnomah Falls! I too thought it was an amazing visit. I loved the drive to Portland with how pretty it was! Love you and be safe!