Now, Bri has been trying to get me to run for years, but he has not had the same effect as Lynn, however, he has been my biggest cheerleader. He has helped me get my run time in, he got me clothes that wick, and shoes so I don't hurt - well as bad. He has supported and cheered me on when I was discouraged.
And today, I ran my first race ever and I am PLEASED as punch with my results. I ran the Judgesrun 5K . The run benefits, Huntsman Cancer Hospital, specifically breast cancer. Anne Stirba, was a judge for the state of Utah and lost her battle with breast cancer. This was the 13Th year that they have had a race in her name, and I feel happy to have helped such a good cause.
I ran the race in 33:23, which is the best I have ever done, I even beat my goal of coming in under 36 minutes. As I came to the finish line, my mom, sister, step dad, and my darling kids were there at the finish line cheering me on, with posters and flowers. What a fabulous greeting to run too. I did miss seeing my biggest cheerleader, as he had to work today, but I had the largest cheering section of all the racers. 
I just want to say Thank You to my cheering section, Lynn and my husband as they all have made my day a great one.

2 comments:
Good for you! That is so awesome that you were able to do that. Keep it up!
I am SOOO proud of you!!! Way to go!
Post a Comment