Friday, October 15, 2010

Casting Call

Last night I received a message from my friend Wendy, that there was a casting call for babies between the age of 12-20 months, for a Swedish diaper commercial. The ideal baby need to be light complexion and climb things, looking more female. She said that she thought of Lou and it was her brother that was the casting director for this project.
So, this morning I called Bri and asked what he thought of it and he said it didn't matter, do what I want. I called mom and she told me to go for it. So, I booked the last space for auditions at 3:08 PM.
We got to the studio and there were a few babies here and there. Audra had a chance to get familiar with the place and play with the other kids. She was having a good time. We were seen about a half hour later then our appointment time. We went into the room and there were lights and cameras and 3 people watching her. I have never done this before, so I had no idea what to expect. They were very nice and told me to just let her play and they would watch. So, Audra played with the balls and my purse. They needed her to climb the wall they had for her, it was a little difficult for her to do alone, but with assistance granted by the casting director, she climbed no problem. In fact, she did it twice. They asked if I would be willing to cut her hair to even it up, I said yes. Jeff (casting director) then told me that she did great and we would be hearing back from them on Monday, he hopes.
Regardless, of whether or not she gets the part it was educational and fun to be apart of this experience. If she does get it, we will be making a fun little trip down to Moab to film a commercial for 1 - 2 days. Thanks for the tip Wendy, it was fun.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so glad!!! I am so happy it was a good experience. Personally I think she'd be perfect!
W

Lindsey said...

LOL HOW FUN IS THAT! You didn't tell me brat! GOOD LUCK LOU WHO!