Saturday, October 9, 2010

Night of the Running Dead

Several months ago, I got an email from Debby stating she had signed up for a race in October, called Night of the Running Dead. She asked me to look at it and see if I wanted to do it with her. Well, I looked into it and found out the there was 2 groups that would be running. The first would be the survivors/living humans, the second would be Zombies. The first group would get a 2 minute head start and the second group would "chase" them in the dark. Well, I am ALL about the holidays and thought that it sounded like fun. So, after promising I would run this race I signed up. However, because of construction and other issues the race had to be moved and the time changed to an afternoon run. So, Debby backed out, but I still went. I was sooo excited. You see I signed up as a Zombie and was taking the part seriously. I had soo much fun getting my make-up on and tearing up the shirt, it was almost like I was a kid again.

They lined us up and the humans started. 2 minutes later the Zombies were hot on their tail, I would like to think, but the course was rough. It was mainly up hill and the last hill was steep and long, but the down hill was nice. Unfortunately, we had do run that same hill twice. It was a long rough race, that included walking (a first for me), but I finished it. I did not beat any records but I am still pleased that I ran it, well most of it. :) I did also win a raffle prize, Night of the Living Dead, DVD. Needless to say it's not one to write home about. But a fun way to start the Halloween season.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I am so impressed. Not only that you ran-which is impressive in itself but in that you DRESSED UP!! I love dressing up! It's my favorite thing to do! (Hence why I do theater for the most part!)
Congrats! You looked great-I mean scary and zombie like!