Saturday, November 20, 2010

Home Improvement - Part Deux

So, yesterday was day 3 of our supposed 3 hour task. The water was turned off at 11 AM and it took about 1 hour for the pipes to drain. We started the task of changing out the valves under the sink. Even though this was tough to get them to start turning, once they did it was a quick fix. I think it probably took 35 minutes to replace both. I felt, like finally something is going our way. That all changed within a matter of minutes.
We moved the new dishwasher over to the cabinet to start putting it in and guess what?? It didn't fit, can you even imagine that. So, feeling very frustrated we had 2 options, tear out the counter tops, something that I really don't want to do OR rip up some of our slate, something else I did not want to do, but seemed like the lesser of 2 evils. At this point I was in tears, as I was so frustrated this was suppose to be an easy fix and it was turning out to be a nightmare. So, Bri went to work ripping out the tile.
We finally got 2 pieces out and it still would not fit, we had to rip off the molding around the cabinet. Finally, we could see the dishwasher actually fitting into the space. Bri and I tried, it didn't go well, to put the dishwasher in the space. Finally, Bri called Gar and asked him if he would help out. He stated it would have to wait a little while, but he would be over after work and an errand. So, about 6 PM Gar showed up and Bri, he and I were able to get in the space and then they were able to hook up the water, electricity, and waste. At about 8:40 PM the dishwasher was FINALLY installed. HALLELUJAH!!! The first and last dishwasher that I will take part in installing.

Before:
After:

No comments: