Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Thanksgiving and Weekend

Thanksgiving has come and gone so very quickly, I cannot believe it. We were suppose to be having Thanksgiving with my Dad and Kel this year, however, that did not work out as he had just returned home from the hospital. Luckily, Bri's folks were having the family at their house and had invited us to join them. So, we went there on T-Day, Bri's grandparents, Aunt Denise, Aunt Dorrie, Mom and Steve, and Pat and Kay were there. It was a nice feast. Everyone did a grand job making their dishes. Steve and I ran dinner over to Andy and Jaime, so I got to hold and see cute little Kash. Unfortunately, I did not remember that I had my camera and did not get any pictures of T-Day. :(
After dinner, we cleaned up and got ready to come home. I had looked through the ads and found that since most of my shopping was done, I only really needed to hit the Wal-Mart before bed. So, I left the house at 11:15, met up with Mom, Lindsey and her sister-in-law Kristie. I was able to score the Disney PJ's and a couple other deals, which put me in a great place for Christmas. After checking out, I hugged the others and went on my way, they were hitting other stores. The next morning after dropping Bri off at work and catching a few more zzz's, the kids and I went to Macy's so they could do their Christmas shopping for Bri. A stop at a couple more stores and then my shopping for the kids and Bri was all done. YES!! Actually, I only have a handful of gifts to get. Later, Neeners and grandpa Garry had the kids sleepover, so Bri and I got another date in. We had dinner at Skybox which was fun and then did some shopping at Kohl's.
Saturday, both Bri and I had to work, so we didn't get much done until the evening. I cooked the turkey I had purchased and we had dinner. We got my nativities set up, the tree up, and the lights up. Sunday, we decorated the tree and the kids had a ball. Especially when they came out and there was a bunch of presents wrapped already. Now Colin keeps checking that Santa is still coming and that we are going to leave the tree up. I reassure him that the tree is up for a month.

No comments: