So, I realize I am a few days behind on posting about our Halloween, but in my defense it was a 3 day celebration and I know that I have much to post. That being said, let's start with Friday.
Bri's mom called Thursday night and asked if I would please bring the kids over to her work for their Trick or Treat and program and that it started at noon. Well, as I am at the grocery store on Friday morning at 10:10 she called and stated that the program started at 11. Holy cow, rush, Rush, RUSH! We made it by 11:15 not too bad I think for having to get home, put away the cold/freezer stuff, get the kids into costumes and get out to 900 West and 2100 South. It was fun the kids got a ton of candy and Grandma Debby took 3rd place in the Costume contest. After Grandma Debby's, went went down to
NeeNers work for the Halloween party there. Again the kids got some candy and then some
salty snacks too. The kids were hungry and tried at this point so we went home for lunch and a quick nap. Back up and out the door by 2:50 so we can be at
Bri's work Trick or treat that started at 3:
oo. By the end of the time at Allstate, the kids candy buckets were full. I do have to mention in the 9 years that I have been married to my hubby he has not dressed up. This year, I finally convinced him to do so and got his killer outfit on Thursday night. Doesn't he look just like a
hippy?

Saturday, both Bri and I worked. So the kids went to NeeNers and Grandpa's. We stayed there (Gar and I canned a large part of the day) until it was time to get Bri. So, we got the kids ready and I had promised the kids I too would dress up. The kids started their trick or treating at NeeNers and Grandpa Garry's house. Then we grabbed Bri and headed to Grandpa Steve and Grandma Debby's house. Grandpa cooked dinner while Grandma and I took the kids out trick or treating. Bri watched sports, he feels deprived at our home as we have basic TV, no cable, no satellite, no frills. It rained for a good part of the time, but the kids buckets were filled back up to the brim. They were so tired, we had dinner got them in there jammies and headed for home.

Sunday, was our Emergency Preparedness Lesson for RS and
Priesthood. We had been preparing for this for months and it finally was here. It was good, but so short. We did not get to cover everything, but we had to start somewhere. After church, we went to
NeeNers and Grandpa Garry's house for Halloween dinner. We usually have dinner on Sunday's over there. They are usually roast, casseroles, typical Sunday dinners. Well, since it was Halloween we had a kid dinner for Halloween. We had Mummy's (aka pigs in a blanket), Bat Poop (aka
chili), Blood with a face to drink (aka cranberry juice, ice shaped as a face) and Infected brain with puss (aka Jell-o and
Coly safe whipped cream). It was so much fun and the kids ate very well. I will have to post pictures of that later as I forgot my camera that day, so I will have to grab some from Mom or Lindsey.
3 comments:
Stace. : ) I love the Halloween happenings! : ) --The Halloween dinner names sound so gross though!!! : ) Bat poop? Pus? Stace!! : ) It sounds like it was a blast!!!
How fun! The kids look so cute, sounds like your halloween was awesome.
Bri makes a great hippie! And please tell him I voted for the bond because of his blog post!
Post a Comment