Yesterday, Bri asked me how long we should wait til we put Audra in the toddler bed. I told him I wasn't sure, but I felt she was not ready. He stated that he felt she was and that it would help her feel more independent. So, after church Brian says "I have been waiting for you guys, so Coly can help me change Lou's bed." Coly changed out of his church clothes and was soon helping Bri. Lou seemed very excited about having something going on with her bed, but I am not sure she know what until she could climb in and out on her own. I told Bri again, I am n0t so sure. He states "It's about the same time we did it for Coly." I told him "I understand, we did change Colin's bed, around the same time, but this is Lou. She is not as mellow as Colin." He says "She will do good."
Fast forward to bed time, Audra climbs into her bed and seems happy as can be. Tuck the kids in and start getting things done in the kitchen. When I hear a Lynnie Lou, Bri gets her tucks her back into bed. Few minutes later, same thing. Less then 5 minutes later, I hear her laughing and being happy, I look only to find her with her Luvs (security blanket) sitting in the hall. (It was quite cute.) Bri says "Okay, well this is not going to work." Flips the lights on in the room and turns the toddler bed back into a crib. Needless to say, Lou can no longer escape and I am waiting for the words "you were right, honey..."
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

3 comments:
Teeheehee!
haha and that is the exact same reason why we haven't done it with Logan. Not to mention he usually swims laps in his crib and at any given moment if you were to check on him he would be facing the opposite direction he was earlier. He even wakes up in the middle of the night to giggle and play!! haha Maybe we should have Audra and Logan play together in the day and were each other out for bed time :)
LOL...you may be waiting a very long time!
Post a Comment