During the past 3 days, Community Nursing Services annual fundraiser, Art & Soup has been going on. Last year I attended the event with kids and no hubby. This year, I attended the event with the hubby and no kids, so we had a fun little date. Grandma Debby was kind enough to watch the kiddos, so
Bri and I could go and really enjoy the event. This year there were some really good soups, my favorite was by
Olio, the
restaurant in the Sheraton. It was a corn
chowder with a crab and potato
biscuit. My oh, my was it a good one. I also really enjoyed Diva's tomato basil soup, a very close second. The art was very good, with many that caught my eye, but due to the price tag they did not come home. However, we did find one fabulous piece of art in our range. The artist is Ian Ramsey, who also lived in
Aix La
Chappelle years ago, the art work is a scene in
Ilwaco, Washington. The picture remind us of the wonderful trip we took to Washington and Oregon last year and the beautiful country we saw up there. This picture came home with us and will soon be on the wall in our living room.

Last night, as we were walking up to our condo,
Bri says to me. "I feel as if we are joining the upper class now,
because we have an
original piece of work." So, I guess we have made our way to the upper class. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment