I post about 8 weeks ago, how I was taking the CERT classes. Well, I have actually completed the course and I am officially a member of CERT. They even gave us the hat, vest, gloves, goggles, and mask. We had our mock disaster tonight, this was our "test" to see if we had really learned anything in the past 8 weeks. They did not give us a letter grade, however we did seem to do well. We needed to evacuate a building in 10-15 minutes, triage people and treat them in our treatment area. Well, we rescued all of our victims in 11 minutes, triage and treated them. The instructors stated we did very well. We did loose 2 CERT members to a trap, but all in all we did good. I am glad it is over and I have this certificate, but in the same breath it was fun to get out, meet new people and I am going to miss interacting with them. Here is the graduating class #117.
If you are at all interested in becoming a CERT member, you can do it several ways. There is a program on online, just google it or you can take the classes from Sandy City Fire. If all you do is learn to take care of your family that takes so much stress off other resources. Plus, if you are prepared you won't have to use it.

No comments:
Post a Comment