Easter was so much fun this year. I really enjoyed the time with the kids and seeing their faces as they found eggs, baskets, toys and candy. We started the morning at our home with a hunt. Each kiddo received a movie, flip flops, sunglasses, a pinwheel and then some candy. The kids were stylin'. 

After, we had brunch over at Grandma Debby's and Grandpa Steve's. It was delicious Creme Bruele French Toast, bacon, sausage, omelets, fruit and cheesy potatoes. The kids then received more gifts with more candy and went on another egg hunt there. We were thrilled that we got to see the Thomas Family too. Kash is getting so big, the kids can't wait until he can play with them.


For the last part, we went to Neeners and Grandpa Garry's. The kids went on another egg hunt and found a basket and toys. Coly got a remote controlled car and Lou got a Tangled crown with jewelry. The kids were in heaven, Bri and I were trying to figure out what to do with all the new stuff. For dinner, we had homemade potato salad, deviled eggs and ham, sort of tradition. Followed with strawberry shortcake. 

With no nap and a candy high all day the kids went down pretty easily. Bri and I finished the night by watching the Hallmark movie (I LOVE Hallmark movies) "Beyond the Blackboard." The story about Stacey Bess. The cool thing is I actually know Stacey. I have her book "Nobody Don't Love Nobody." She grew up with my Aunt Liz and her husband grew up with my Uncle Jeff. Her parents lived just a few houses down from my Grandma, so I have actually spent time in their home. Stacey helped my Grandma out a few years ago and I was lucky enough to spend some time with her. So the movie last night, had even more meaning to me than normal. It was a great time and a very nice Easter. I just now need some sleep from the busy weekend.

1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter. Next year you will have to add us to your busy Easter schedule!!!
The kids look adorable in their shades :)
Post a Comment