I don't know if many of you remember, back in 2009, Brian won the Distinguished Performance Award (DPA), we were supposed to go to Atlantis for almost a week. Then after, we had obtained our passports we received notice that we would not be going. They did give him a cash incentive and so we took Coly down to Las Vegas and had our trip there.
So, this year Brian won this award again, with the trip being Washington, D.C.. However, due to our past experience, we were a little apprehensive that we would be going on this trip. We were told when Bri won this award, we would be gone from June 9-12. But then about 6 weeks had gone by with no other news. Yesterday that changed. We got notice of the scheduled events, how to make our reservations, etc. This morning, Bri was able to book our flight to Washington. So, it looks like we are actually going to get to go. YAY! This will be so much fun, Bri and I have not had a kid less vacation ever. We have gone away for a night, but not days. Grandparents are taking the kids while we are gone and we soo appreciate that. We are also, trying to extend 2 more days, so we can jet up to Pennsylvania for a night.
I just want to say to Bri "Good job honey, you worked very hard for this!" I also want to thank again Grandma Debby, Grandpa Steve, Neeners and Grandpa Garry for taking the kids so we really could go on this trip.

3 comments:
Washington D.C. is really beautiful. I really want to go back someday! HAVE FUN!!
Good for you guys! I have never been there, that will be so exciting. Enjoy yourselves!
Hooray Bri! Definitely go to see Pennsylvania...its Beautiful!
Post a Comment