Monday, April 11, 2011

The 3 D's

This past Friday night, Carter slept over at our house. (A side note, Carter's first name is actually Dustin, so he is our first D.) Coly and Lou love having Carter here to play. In fact, Coly could not stop talking about it for 2-3 days before. We wanted to make it a fun night, without spending a lot of money. So, Bri came up with ordering Papa Murphy's pizza (no cheese on the kids), which they loved and quickly ate about 1/2 of the pizza all by themselves. After dinner, I had rented "Despicable Me," which we had not seen. The kids thought that was fun, but the thing they thought was the most fun was the homemade donuts. Now, I don't know why the thought of making homemade donuts has never occurred to me before, but it hasn't. I was thinking last week, I should really learn how to make donuts so Colin could have his first true donut. So, for the sleepover that is what I did. Homemade, fresh donuts. Not as good as Krispy Kreme, but they will work for Coly Kai any day of the week. So we had Dustin, "Despicable Me," and Donuts. It seemed the perfect start to our weekend.

3 comments:

Shannon Beeton Johansen said...

How fun! They looked like they had a blast. Did you fry the donuts or bake them? They look so yummy!

Stacy said...

Shan I fryed them in Canola oil with a candy thermometer, trying to keep the temperature about 365 F. I used the Pioneer Woman's donut recipe. It was actually very easy, just time consuming.

Lindsey said...

Way to go Beck! And thanks for taking the 1st D. The Big D and I had a good night ourselves! ;-)