Monday, October 10, 2011

Boulder, Colorado

For our 10 year wedding anniversary, we decided to take a mini vacation to Boulder, Colorado.  Brian, has been promoted at work and could not take a long trip like we had hoped for in the beginning of the year.  So, we left Friday afternoon and spent Saturday and most of Sunday before flying back home.  It was a fabulous trip for just the two of us.  I have to say that I really enjoy the little trips away with just my hubby, it is very nice to be on our schedule. 
Friday, evening we didn't have much time to do a whole lot, so we went to dinner at Beau Jo's, home of the Colorado Mountain Pie.  This pizza was featured on Man vs. Food, and rightfully so.  This pizza was awesome, it was fun because you order in pounds.  Bri and I ordered a 2 lb pizza and took 3 slices back to the hotel.  We found out later that Coli could eat here, because they have dairy free cheese and crust.  So, we hope to take the kids back for some Beau Jo's Pizza.
Saturday, we awakened to the storm we left behind in Utah.  It was rainy and cold, which was not so fun.  However, I wanted to shop and that made Saturday a perfect shopping day.  I picked up a shirt and dress for me and a couple of things for the kids for Christmas.  We ate at Daphene's, a Greek restaurant which we feel in love with in California, however I could not eat the fire fries due to being preggers, so I guess I will have to what til we go back for Beau Jo's and get some then.  After, we drove over to Golden, CO.  We thought it would be cool to see the Coors factory.  However, after we arrived there was a 45 minute wait in the cold before we could even get inside.  We decided to skip that tour, and headed back for Boulder.  We enjoyed resting in the afternoon and then went to Boulder Beer, which was a Pub and Bar, Colorado's first Microbrewery.  We enjoyed simple but good food and the time together without kids.

Sunday, we headed back towards the airport.  So, we went to the Denver Zoo for the afternoon.  It was a neat zoo, however I was freezing because the storm had caused the temperatures to drop.  We did see some cool animals and some things we never had seen before.  We purchased our little ones some gifts and headed for the airport.  We had one last meal in the airport and then it was time to board the plane.  We arrived last night in SLC and our kiddos were in the car waiting for us.  It was great to see their smiling faces. 

No comments: