Audra woke up last week crying, which caused Coli to call me into their room. I got in there and Lynnie was very upset. She said that there were monsters. I assured her that there were no monsters, but she insisted that there were. She wanted me to lay with her and stay there. I told her that I was so tired and needed to sleep in my bed. She started crying and saying that she was tired. I then remembered my little trick I used with Coli. I told Lynnie that I would be right back. I went and got my body spray and sprayed all around the room. I told her that I had sprayed for monsters and they would not be back.
The next night we were getting ready for bed, and Lynnie was so scared to go into their room to get her jammies and a diaper. She would say it's dark, we told her to turn on her light, but she still cried a little. Then I told her to go get a tissue and she begged Bri to go with her. That night after the book and prayers she said she was scared of monsters. I told her that I sprayed them and no monsters would be there. It seemed to work this time.
So for the last week, she said "no monsters, you sprayed." I assure her that I did spray and that the monsters are not coming back. What is it that these poor kiddos see in this room, that makes them think there are monsters. All I can say is thank goodness for monster spray. ;)
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment