This time of the year brings back the memory of how Brian and I met. I was attending SUU and had come home for presidents day weekend. On the way up I thought that I would call a guy that I had date a couple of times and see if he was around, maybe catch a movie or grab some dinner. When I got home, my mom, whom had broken her leg several weeks prior asked me to come with her and Garry to the bowling alley, as they bowled every Friday night. I told her what my plans were, she said "please come be with me." Needless to say mom won that night.
When we got to the bowling alley mom and I sat at the table had some dinner and talked. As, I was talking a friend of my folks, Brian, who is the son of an old teammate came over and started talking to me and mom. I thought nothing of this because he would come over and say hi to the folks. He disappeared back to his team seats after a few minutes. A while later, he came back and talked to us again and then this repeated. Mom told me at this point he doesn't usually come over more then once. So, I went over and talked with him for a little bit. He asked if I would come over, watch a movie with his friends and he after bowling. I told him yes. We were suppose to watch a funny movie but it didn't work so we watched something scary - I am a wuss and scared Brian more then the movie did. Which I think is funny now.
Brian was a gentleman and dropped me off at home after the movie. We exchanged numbers, he walked me to the door and never sought anything more.
To my surprise Brian called the next night and asked if we could "hang out." So we rented a movie and talked. This night brought us closer together, he did kiss me, which thrilled me. He asked me to call him the following night, which I did and we talked for a long time. He told me that he had to work early the next morning and could not get together but wanted to talk.
I went back to SUU the following day with a new friend that I was interested in. Who knew that this weekend was the one that I had met my best friend and love of my life. I never dated another man, after this weekend and we were married in October of that same year.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

6 comments:
That is so awesome! I don't know why I never knew that story, but it was fun to read. I am so glad you guys go together, you are a great couple.
aw shucks, so cute.
How sweet! Friends are the best to marry!
Love the blog! What a cute love story, and how fun that you get to go on vacation in may. We will definately need to get together soon. I think next Wednesday will work, but like I said I will let you know for sure as it gets closer.
You're such a freaking mush! Ya big nerd!...Had to make that comment, everyone else was to OHHHHHHHH SO CUTE!
That's what I am here for! LOVE YOU!
Awwww!! I remember that!! I remember you came back to SUU on CLOUD NINE!! : ) I'm so glad you guys got married!! --Youre a great couple!! : )
Post a Comment