Monday, January 25, 2010

What a Weekend

Back in my high school days, there were 2 boys that Lindsey and I would hang out with, Thayne Allred and Wes Davis. Well, I have not been a great friend as I lost contact with both, but Lindsey has stayed in touch with Wes. So, I have seen Wes in the past couple of years here and there but not on a regular basis. Thayne pretty much could have fallen off the earth, nobody knew where he was until May 2008. Bri and I were helping with "Brandon's Ride" a fundraiser in his step-brothers name to raise money for wounded and fallen Vets and their families. Thayne, rode this event. It was fun to see him and catch up a little. However, we do not ride motorcycles, so we were just at the beginning and end of this event, so really not much time was spent seeing him. We didn't exchange numbers or anything, just went on with life. Well, leave it to Lindsey, she recently found Thayne. So, needless to say she put together an outing this past Saturday night, which included spouses and kiddos. It was fun to see everyone, see their kids and find out what they have been up to. It is amazing how somethings don't change. It was not long before everyone was laughing and talking and just being friends like in the good ol' days. It didn't seem like years had an effect on the friendships. But on the other hand so much has changed, like instead of being carefree, I was chasing kids around and trying to keep a baby from fussing when it is so past her bedtime. It was really great to see everyone and I really do hope that we will be able to get together again.
Sunday, after having a late night, and Colin having a rough night we decided to have some family fun, we went bowling. Lindsey, again, put together a family outing but this was sort of for Dustin's birthday. Colin loved bowling so much and had a ball pushing the ball. Carter had never been bowling before and was so excited to watch the ball go down the ramp and hit the pins. The boys were just a few pins of each other both games. Bri and I even had a little competition, it came down to the last frame and Bri beat me by 1 lousy pin. But we laughed and had a great time. Lindsey, Dustin, Mom and Gar seemed to enjoy the time out just as much as us.
I think this weekend was just what the doctor ordered. These long winters get were you just need some good old fashion fun.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Amen Sister! I only hope we can continue to do things like this! We need to keep being social in order to keep sane! I love ya!