Sunday, September 12, 2010

The State Fair

Friday, Bri and I decided would be a good day to take the kids down to the State fair. Since we had Carter too, we thought it would be a fun thing for all the kids to see the animals and fun things that the fair has to offer. When we first got there, we were just in time to see the Sea Lion Splash. These trained animals are very smart and did some neat tricks, Colin thought that this was neat, BUT I am not so sure that Lynnie or Carter thought it was fun. We decided that we had better go and see the cows, pigs, etc that we could get close to. Carter and Lou were in the stroller and Coly was walking with Bri. I got the 2 kids pretty close to the animals and Carter freaked out just a little. He was nervous to be so close to the animals, something that did not last too long. I am not sure how Lou felt, she was just laid back with her feet resting on the stroller watching the world go by. Colin did love it, he couldn't wait to see more.
However, the boys saw a train that was giving rides and we had to ride the train. So, I loaded everyone up and kissed them, off they went. I as surprised how long the train ride was. I feel that it was a pretty good deal for the money, still over priced, but not as bad as some of the other rides.
We finished seeing the animals that the fair had to offer, so we went to the ARMY booth and the kids got to climb into the Humvee and play for a minute. They really liked that, the soldiers that were there gave them big stickers which was a big plus in their world.
Bri and I got a couple of good things as well. We got a foam roller to roll out those sore muscles after running. We also got a 2 night stay in Park City for $40 at the Canyons Resort. I was stoked at the deal. We then went and saw the Art Building, as Grandpa Steve had entered, but unfortunately did not win.
The kids had a great time, and we were a little concerned that if they fell asleep in the car that they would not sleep in at home. But less than 3 minutes in the car the kids were out. No this picture is not staged, it is real. Lou did not sleep once we got home, but Coly and Carter Man did.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Our babies are SUPER precious! Thanks for including our Little Man!