Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 New Year's Resolutions

So for the past few years, I make a lot of resolutions and by February I can't remember what they are. This year I am going to do better. For starters I am only going to make 3 resolutions and then I am posting them to the blog so I can go back and look at what they really are.

1 - Last year, I ran 294.6 miles. That is after starting in April, and only having the goal of running a 5K. So, since I ran 3 5Ks I decided I am going to take it up a notch. My goal is to run 500 miles in 2011 and 1 half marathon. After running today, I only have 498.8 miles to go (hey it was 12 degrees outside).

2 - Facebook recently had a list on it that the BBC put out, they stated the average person had only read 6 books from that list. Well, I was pretty close to average with 5 books on that list those books included: Harry Potter Series (7 books, but whose counting), Of Mice and Men, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Da Vinci Code, Lord of the Flies. So I am going to read 4 books this year off that list. Bri said he is going to do this as well.

3 - I am going to put some family history on our blog. I want a page with each parent and grandparent on here with some information about them. That way when I turn it into a book at the end of the year, my kids will have some precious information about their family tree.

With that, I want to say that 2010 was a good year for our family. We were blessed with health, family and some worldly things as well. I look forward to this new year and the memories we are going to be making. I want to wish you my family and friends a Happy New Year and may 2011 be one of joy.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Excellent goals! I love the family history idea and of course the reading goal!! (I had read 35 of off that list....but since my memory is shot, I could read them all again plus the other sixty five is it? I forget.)
And as for the running? Your ROCK girl! I'm still working on week one of "Couch Potato To 5K"!