Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lake Day

Saturday, our friends Thayne and Sherry invited us to join them at Rockport and enjoy their wave runner with them. So, after work on, we loaded up and went to Rockport. We arrived about 12:30 to find that they had the best spot on the lake with beach for the kids to play on. Pretty soon after, we arrived Thayne offered the wave runner to Bri, so he took of with Audra, while Coli and I ate our lunch. Bri got just past the buoy with Lou, when she started screaming, so he quickly turned around and brought her back. That was the only time Lou got on the wave runner.
Next, Coli was up, he did not want to get very wet, so Bri carried him so he wouldn't. Bri and Coli were gone for a while, and Coli came back loving the "little boats."
I followed Bri and Coli. I was told to take the small one, because it was easier to handle, but be careful because it tips easier. I had never been on a wave runner before, so after a lesson in the wave runners, I was off. However, I only made it half way between the beach and the buoy and the wave runner died on me. At this point, Thayne was telling me how to get it going again, it was interesting, since he was still by the beach. But, I did it and got out on the lake. The last thing Thayne said to me was "stay close, if you wreck, we will come get you." Nice, huh? You don't tell a wave runner virgin that, it makes her even more nervous then she already was. But, I am please to report I did not wreck and had a fun time. Bri came out with me too, unfortunately, I did not realize he came to ride with me, so I headed back before he was ready to head back so our only time to ride together was like 5 minutes, boo!
For most of the rest of the afternoon, we just played in the lake and on the beach with the kids. Audra had the best time on the floating chairs. I was pulling her around and she was singing "Row, Row, Row your Boat." It was so cute. Coli, was not sure about being in the water, he fell off a floating fish and it scared him, so we had a hard time getting him back into the water, but we did eventually.
It was getting close for us to be heading home, so I asked if I could take out the big one, since it doesn't tip as easily. I convinced Coli to go with me. As we were getting out to the lake, Coli said, "Don't go too fast, like dad." However, I slowly went faster and faster, which was super fun and Coli had a good time. Due to Coli not wanting to get wet, Bri had to come and get us again, which got him out on the wave runner one more time.
We left shortly after, we really had a great time. In fact, Bri started looking at wave runners on KSL.com, I am not sure we will get one but it was tempting after a fun day on the lake. We are very grateful to Thayne and Sherry for their kindness and inviting us to join them.

No comments: