Monday, February 1, 2010

60 Seconds...

A few years ago on Oprah, she and her guest were talking about the 1 item they would grab in a fire. Then again over the weekend, in "Leap Year" they discussed this too. SO, let say your family is safe and you have 60 seconds to grab 1-2 items that mean so much to you, what would you grab?
I didn't have to think about this for more then a second. I would grab my pictures of the kids when they are just days old, the big ones of each baby. I look at these pictures everyday and they still melt my heart.
So, now your turn. I want to know if your house was burning down and you had 60 seconds to get 1 or 2 items what would they be? (Your family is safe, no need to save them.) If you want to play post on your blog or make a comment.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Gosh. We talked about this in our emergency preparedness class on Sunday. I have 18 photo albums and I don't think I could get them out in enough time. So I really don't know. Of course in our lesson we were told to grab our 72 hour kits but that's not sentimental. I really don't know. I read your post yesterday and thought I'd think on it but I'm still at a loss. Maybe I'd grab our files with everyone's birth certificates, and social security cards. How's that for practical?

Springer Family said...

I don't really know but off the top of my head I would probably grab our lap top. I would only grab this since it has all of our photos stored on it and I would probably grab the video camera as well. They both hold a lot of memories.