Monday, February 15, 2010

Last week

Tuesday, last week was Grandpa Steve's birthday. We met Grandpa, Grandma, Andy and Jamie at Old Spaghetti Factory. We had a lovely dinner. Followed by a ice cream cake from Coldstone. It was so delicious! Coly enjoyed a juice bar, and let me tell you he really enjoyed the bar. He licked the plate clean and turned his nose and tongue red.
Friday, it was free UTA day so Grandpa Garry, NeeNers, and I thought we would take the kids on an adventure. We had not been on Frontrunner yet, so we caught the Trax at 5400 South and took it all the way to Salt Lake Central. There we caught Frontrunner and took it all the way to Ogden. We walked around trying to find french fries, but no such luck. So we settled for some Frito's. The boys really enjoyed the trip and loved looking out the window. I felt bad for whomever has to clean the windows as there were little hand prints all over. On the way from Frontrunner to Trax we saw Nana, she was working the Free Day and riding all over on UTA. It was fun to see her, she even rode on Trax with us until 2100 S. It was a 4 hour round trip, but it was fun and the boys got to go on a train ride for free.
Saturday, we spent the day at Grandma Debby's and Grandpa Steve's house. The kids played hard with Grandma, while Steve and I put together their new bar stools. Brian rested a large part of the day as he had ran 10.5 miles previously.
Sunday, was Valentines Day, I made heart shaped pancakes and sausage. After, I was called in to talk to the Bishop. He gave me the calling on Provident Living Specialist. I am excited about this calling and look forward to learning and helping others learn how to be self-reliant. We had a nice dinner at Grandpa Garry's and NeeNers house. Later that night, Brian and I were able to sneak in "Couples Retreat' after the kids went to sleep.

2 comments:

Springer Family said...

Sounds like a fun filled week and weekend. How did you like couples retreat?

Wendy said...

You will be a great Provident Living specialist! Keep me posted on what you're doing, you know me....I like to duplicate!
W