Today started at 5:10 AM, which is much too early for my liking but in order to fit in a run before work that is when I had to get up. After a nice 5 mile run, I got ready for work and headed out. I returned around 11 to find a sick hubby. I had hoped that he would feel better as the day progressed but unfortunately that did not happen. Colin and I left to do a little shopping, save $107 today on the grocery bill and that just makes me soo happy.
I called Bri and he still was under the weather, so I picked up Lou and the 3 of us headed to Bountiful for a picnic celebration. My Uncle Larry and Aunt Julia were sealed in the Temple today for Time and all Eternity. We joined the celebration and the kids loved the park. I did not see Colin the whole time as he was so busy playing on the playground and off on an adventure with Carter, Lou, and Grandpa Garry.
After returning home, Colin wanted to watch Tooth Fairy, a movie that we had rented from Redbox. I was looking for something to do and remembered that the Holladay Harvest started today. So, again I gathered the kids and walked over to city hall. Now, you know those movies that have little festivals/fairs, and it gives you the small town feeling. This felt alot like that, little craft booths, art, a band, produce for sell and free crafts for the kids. Audra now has a cute little visor and Colin painted a fun little dinosaur. It was very enjoyable, until we got to the chip and salsa booth. Colin asked for a chip and as I was reading the box, a woman cried whose baby is that? I looked over to see Colin punching Audra. I immediately went over and told him we were going home the fun was over. Well, at this point he SCREAMED and SCREAMED. Of course, we were right smack dab in the middle and had to walk thru the crowds of people with my neighbors and church members watching, I was so embarrassed. The screaming did not stop until we got home and Brian could help.
Overall, I had a great day. I was sad that Bri was ill and did not join us today, I was mad at myself for forgetting the camera for the fun activities and then embarrassed that my son decided to throw the largest temper tantrum I have ever seen. But so excited to have saved major moolu, happy to spend time with my family and pleased that I made 5 miles today and 15 miles this week.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment