Saturday, August 21, 2010

Race Day

Today, we participated in the Davis County Walk/Run 5K. CNS was one of the sponsors of the event, therefore CNS employees and spouses got to race for free, so we went up there to race. We had worked out the details, that Bri and I would run the race and then NeeNers and Grandpa Garry would walk and take the stroller for the kids to go with them. About 2 weeks ago Grandma Debby decided to join us and she would run with Bri and I. As we lined up to go, we kissed the kids and we headed for the front. The race started and we were off, Bri runs quite a bit faster then me, so he was off and long gone, however, Debby runs at a similar pace, she is faster but is okay to slow it down a little for me, so we ran together. The course was an out and back, so we saw Bri passing us and then we passed the kids and folks, but we got a high five as we ran past. I have to say, I was a little pooped as I was finishing the race, as Debby had kept me a little faster pace then am used to, but I did beat my last time by 2 minutes. I came in at 31:17 and I am sooo very excited about that. Bri came in at 25:53, missing his goal of coming in under 25 minutes, however it is his best time. After, I caught my breath, the 3 runners went back to get the 4 walkers. We finished the course with them walking. I think everyone involved had a great time. (pictures on mom's camera, will post later)
We then, rushed home to shower and get ready for the day, and hurry up to Park City. You see, my dear friend Lynn was running her very first marathon. She had a goal to run before she turns 50, and that mark is in December. I really wanted to be there to see her finished and we made it in time to watch her and Jim (Jim is Bri and Lynn's boss, who was nice enough to pace Lynn) come across the finish line, and even after 5:43 she was smiling. I am so happy for her, she even beat her goal and got in 2 minutes earlier. Way to go Lynn!

No comments: